Saturday, August 25, 2012

Business Ventures Continued!

Salaam.

It's approaching the end of August, which means that it's time to post the finished products from MJ's order!  I'm really happy with how they turned out and MJ was so excited about them that she hugged me.  Twice!  ( :  And to top it off, she showed two other coworkers, one of whom has already asked me to make three bracelets for her.  THREE!

For the necklace, I went for a simple design, knowing MJ would prefer ease and sparkle over a complicated look.  Plus, I didn't want the earrings and the necklace to have to compete for attention.  I went back to the bead store, matched the colors and materials, and came up with this.  Actually, my mum was with me at the bead store (we were having quality time!), and she helped with the piece's center focus.  ( :

Simple necklace in sterling silver, Swarovski crystals in clear, light pink and light champagne/peach, and Swarovski light pink pearls, with a lobster clasp.

The earrings, a birthday present for Mayra, are in the same style we've seen before, only in gold (tone, plated, and filled).  The colors were supposed to be "funky" like Mayra.  WHAAA??  Choosing the colors was actually the hardest part.  I would compare two colors against each other, love it, then bring in the third, only to be horrified at how badly they all clashed.  Repeatedly.  Luckily, I was able to use my mum (again!) as a sounding board and it really helped.

Gold dangle earrings (chain is gold-plated and findings are gold-filled) with Swarovski crystals in deep red orange, green, and golden yellow and Swarovski light bronze pearls.

Shameless plug time!  I'm convinced that I need to compile a portfolio of sorts of my pieces.  Well, to be honest, I was told that I needed to do it, so I'm seriously considering it now.  I am looking into free hosting sites instead of using Etsy, though I should probably start an account there as well.  I'll post it here when I'm done.  For now though, you can see the small sampling of my work here.  I'd love to try to supplement your collections with my simple but elegant pieces.  I'm open to self-designed ideas - we can work together to make it work, inshaAllah.  I can be contacted at JustBecause.WithLove@gmail.com.  I hope to hear from you soon!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment