Saturday, January 29, 2011

First Saturday Back

Salaam.

I was standing in the kitchen over a pot of five lbs of chicken. That's right, people, I was cooking it. I thought that with all my free time, I should learn to do something useful. Since I'll have to feed a family someday, this seemed like the perfect chance. I think I'm even getting the hang of it. This particular dish, I mean.

There have been a few things on my mind lately. I'd like to share one, and feel free to give advice.  The issue is how much I've been slacking as a practicing Muslim. My regularity of prayer has gone down. That is the most disappointing thing. I was never the strongest at praying on time, but I was doing my best and working to do better, and now I have to start from square one. I'm frustrated with myself that I let this slip, you know?

I got to see Slanders, Sabah and Nikita last night.  AND I finally met Nikita's fiancee Laura!  A quiet night with great women (and Char) and lots of laughs.  It's been a while since I've gotten to see them in that kind of setting.  Tonight should be more of the same.  I'm headed back to Wellesley in a hour to see Anne!  Maybe Maliha and Laila will show up, too.  I'll call them when I get there, to see if they're still on campus. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment